FIBC Bulk Containers is an acronym for Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers. These are commonly known as Big Bags in the market and are used for the storage and transportation of all kinds of loose or granulated materials. Rishi FIBC solutions specialize in manufacturing these containers and design specific containers for specific requirements. The storage and transportation of goods and materials is very important aspect of the product life cycle. Rishi FIBC solutions understand this importance and manufacture the containers with the best possible design and materials.
Today to further help you with the ways Flexible Bulk Containers can be used to get the maximum benefit for your business, we have compiled a list of task that would help you define how to use flexible bulk container bags:
Things to do when Handling Flexible Bulk Container
- Make sure there are no sharp edges on any equipment used for handling. Lifting straps can be easily torn by forklift tines and crane hooks, which can lead to dangerous situations. Check these out first. This would ensure safety of the Flexible Bulk Containers.
- All lifting straps should be used vertically (or single-point centre pick, if applicable). Follow the lifting instructions given by the producer to get the most out of the load and spread it out evenly.
- When moving a bulk bag, don’t block your view. The key to moving loaded bags is to avoid people and other obstacles. Communication that is clear and works well is also important here.
Thing to avoid when Handling Flexible Bulk Container
- Stand or have someone else stand under a bulk bag that is hanging.
- Use less than all of the straps to hang your FIBCs. If you don’t use all the loops, things could go wrong or get dangerous.
- If you push, pull, or drag a full lift bag, it will wear out and break.
- Don’t put more in the bulk bag than its safe working load. The packaging would lose its integrity if you did this.
Best Practices for Safe Storage of Flexible Bulk Container
- Keep nails and other sharp things away from bags. Make sure there are no sharp edges or objects on the floor or walls that could tear, cut, or rip the bags.
- Keep somewhere dry and out of direct sunlight. If you leave the bags out in direct sunlight or UV rays for a long time, the outer material may break because it can only handle a certain amount of exposure. The best way to store them is under a roof or with a proper tarp.
- Only stack bags that are made to be stacked. Not all bulk container bags are made to be stacked, so only stack the ones that are made to be. Also, make sure they stay in place, and if they need to be stacked, do it in a pyramid shape.
- Full bags should be kept on the floor or on pallets. Some of them can be stored on pallet racks or in other places, but the best way to keep them safe is to keep them on the ground.
Best Practices to Safely Transport Cargo using Flexible Bulk Container
- Follow the instructions on the package at all times. PacTec also gives written instructions on how to handle their products safely and, in many cases, videos as well.
- Use the right tools at all times. Using the right tools is important whether you are using a forklift with or without a pallet to lift cubic yard bags or a crane to lift a 30 yd3 bag. If you don’t have much equipment, you can talk to our team about other safe ways to get where you need to go.
- Make a pyramid out of the bags you put on a pallet. This is important to say again because most FIBCs are not made to be stacked right on top of each other. By using the pyramid method, you can make sure that all of the packages’ loads are stable.
- When moving bags, don’t make any sudden moves, when a forklift stops quickly, a bag can fly off the tines. Sharp turns at high speeds can also do the same thing. Take care to avoid sudden movements to prevent disaster.
These are some of the major steps that you should follow in order to ensure safe use of Flexible Bulk Container while ensuring the maximum benefit out of it.
So if you are interested in Flexible Bulk Container bags for your business, you can get in touch with us we would be happy to help and guide you.
Why Choose Rishi FIBC Solutions?
Rishi FIBC Solutions is one of the leading Flexible Bulk Container bags manufacturers with business across 42 different countries providing premium quality products to the users. All our Flexible Bulk Container bags so manufactured meets all the necessary standards and quality parameters, thereby making sure that none of the users get even a single chance to complain. With our decades of experience and sheer level of expertise, Rishi FIBC Solutions makes sure to live up to the expectation of every user in the best possible manner. So what are you waiting for! Get in touch with us over our helpline number or our website to get proper guidance and fulfill your business inquiry related to Flexible Bulk Container bags that will meet your business requirement.