What is UN Bags Rated Bags?
If you’re involved in the transportation of materials or substances which are highly regulated, you will need to make use of storage containers or bags which are sturdy and won’t cause any environmental disasters. This becomes very important especially if the substances that you are transporting happen to be toxic or volatile in nature.
What Exactly Is A UN Rated Bulk Bag?
UN rated bulk bags are FIBCs which have been specially designed and have a much higher durability than normal bulk bags. Normal FIBC bags have to stick to a safety ratio of 5:1 which is the current industry standard. However, UN rated bags have an extremely impressive safety ratio of 6:1. UN rated bulk bags are heavy duty and highly durable. This ensures safe storage and transportation of any volatile or hazardous materials.
What Are The Reasons You Should Opt For A UN Rated Bulk Bag?
UN rated bulk bags undergo lots of rigorous tests to ensure that they are upto industry standards. These bags are given the seal of approval by UN authorities. These UN bags have many advantages and have to undergo lots of tests to ascertain quality such as:
- Righting test – During this test, the bulk bags are filled to capacity with the test material and are then pushed so that they fall to the side. The bag is then lifted into the appropriate position using only two loops. If the test is positive, both the bag and the loops should not be damaged in any way.
- Drop test – For the purpose of this test, the bulk bags are filled right up to their maximum capacity. However, the total weight is evenly distributed. They are then dropped from a pre-determined height. For the test to be successful, the bag should not burst or allow any of the material inside it to escape.
- Tear test – In this test, the bulk bags are filled up to the maximum level of capacity and then slashed with a knife (100 mm long cut) at an angle of 45 degrees. The purpose of this test is to check whether the tear expands or allows material to leak out when pressure is exerted.
- Top lift test – For most of these tests, the bags are filled with material up to maximum capacity. They are then suspended by using loops. A hydraulic cylinder is placed amongst the bags and they are required to maintain six times the normal load for five minutes.
- Topple test – This test is quite similar to the drop test discussed earlier. They are filled to the brim and kept on a platform. Unlike in the drop test, the bags are not dropped straight down but they are toppled to the side. For the results to be positive, the bag must not leak or burst.
- Stacking test – For the purpose of this test, bags are filled to capacity and then stacked on a flat surface and uniform pressure is exerted on the bags to ascertain whether they can withstand tough pressure conditions.
The UN is very strict about these tests and other regulations which have to be met. If the bulk bags fail any of these tests, they will not be legally categorized as UN rated bulk bags.
What are UN 4-Loop FIBCs?
- UN 4-Loop FIBCs are very durable and safe and are an excellent semi-bulk packaging solution
- They are perfect for containing powder, granules and flakes
- They also provide protection against electrostatics and moisture in the atmosphere
- They can be produced in different sizes according to your preference
- They can be used for storage and transportation of foods, pharmaceuticals and other chemical substances
For top-quality UN rated bags, such as UN 4-Loop FIBCs, contact Rishi FIBC today. The company provides the best quality UN-rated FIBC bags in India. You can send an inquiry online at- https://www.rishifibc.com/jumbo-bag-manufacturer-in-india.html
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!