Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers, also called FIBC bulk bags have radically revolutionized the transportation of raw materials and products at industrial level. These big bags are made of flexible woven fabric, designed for storage and transportation of dry, flowing products such as fertilizers, sands, plastic granules, etc.
Facts about FIBC Bulk Bags India
Rishi FIBC Solutions Pvt. Ltd. – an established FIBC bulk bag manufacturer in India, lists some intriguing facts about FIBC bags:
- FIBCs are made mostly of thick woven 100% virgin polypropylene or polyethylene. They are either coated or uncoated.
- These bulk bags are capable of holding 2,000 to 4,000 pounds of bulk material.
- These bags are light weight weighing 5-7 pounds only with each bag designed to carry one metric ton of material.
- A typical FIBC bag’s diameter is 110 cm (45-48 inches), and the height varies from 100 cm up to 200 cm (35-38 inches).
- These bags are made up of lifting loops – one, two or four – as loading and transporting is done by lifting it up from the loops.
- FIBCs come with a discharge spout at the bottom, which makes emptying very convenient.
- Due to their superior strength, FIBC bags are also sometimes used for making barriers during floods.
FIBC Bulk Bag Storage
In order for the bulk bags to meet high demands in terms of strength and durability, it is important that these bags are stored and handled according to manufacturer’s recommendations and in accordance with best industrial practices. Improper care and handling can lead to severe, costly and potentially dangerous accidents.
The FIBC bags need to be protected from the following elements:
- Intemperate weather – Over time, rain, snow and storm can weaken the strength of your bulk bags. Keeping unused bulk bags safely and storing them away from indoor moisture also helps retain the quality of the bags.
- Ultra Violet rays – Though highly durable, exposure to UV rays can weaken the links of the woven polypropylene that makes the bag’s fabric.
- Outdoor storage – FIBCA does not support or endorse any kind of outside storage for the bulk bags, even if the location is safe from moisture and UV rays. Therefore, it is important that these bags are stored inside to increase their shelf life.
To ensure best quality and life extension of FIBC bags, filling these bags properly is a crucial best practice.
- Before filling, ensure the bags are visibly free from any damage that might compromise on strength and carrying ability. Do not attempt to fill the bag if you see any loose seam, a rip or any other deformity.
- Always fill bulk bags with FIBCA approved materials and products.
- While filing the bags, ascertain that they are being filled evenly and placed in a stable position.
- The device used to suspend the bag should be rated as capable of bearing the required weight.
- Use only approved lifting mechanisms for lifting FIBCs.
- Ensure lifting loops on bulk bags are vertical before lifting to avoid perilous lateral motions.
- Move the FIBC using fluid motion
- Ensure there are no obstructions and sight lines are clear while moving FIBC bags.
Storing and Transporting filled FIBCs
- Ensure that FIBCs are stable before stacking them.
- Always use pyramid or supported stacking method while transporting the FIBCs to ensure they are placed properly.
- Place bags gently while stacking else they might be damaged.
- Secure the FIBCs safely while transporting them.
- Storing FIBCs indoors in a UV free and dry area is a must.
- Cover the bulk bags to protect them from moisture, dirt and UV rays and increase their longevity.
FIBCs are considered a great innovation in the transport industry. However, it is important to remember that safety and effectiveness of these bags are contingent on their proper use and storage. If you are eager to learn more facts about FIBC bulk bags India, contact Rishi FIBC, the leading FIBC bulk bag manufacturer in India. Our representatives will be please to guide you and help you find a perfect FIBC for your needs.