TYPE – A, B & C
FIBC BAGS - Type A, B & C
FIBC BAGS - Type A, B & C
Rishi FIBC is a premium jumbo bag supplier based in India. The company produces FIBC bags that are extremely durable and very efficient for storing materials like flakes, granules and powders. Our FIBC bags can withstand the toughest of climatic conditions and are also safe from sudden temperature fluctuations.
Generally, people who make use of FIBC bags are concerned about control of static electricity which is when electric charges are imbalanced within certain materials. When these jumbo bags are filled to capacity or when they are rapidly discharged with fine powders, it can lead to static electricity build up. It is crucial to prevent or remove electrical charge while packing any sort of combustible or flammable materials or when combustible dust is likely to be present in an environment.
What are FIBC bags?
- FIBC or Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers are basically large-sized bags which are made out of polypropylene that has been woven. These FIBC bags are generally used for the transportation or storage of dry products. In common terms, they are more popularly known as ‘Jumbo bags’ and are used mainly by food production and pharmaceutical industries.
- Usually, these FIBC bags can hold a weight of about 2000 to 4000 lbs. However, these dimensions can change depending on the requirements and preferences of customers.
Type A FIBCs do not provide any sort of protection from static electricity and hence, they should definitely not be used for the storage and transportation of any flammable material. These types of bags are generally made from polypropylene which is woven. Type A FIBCs are also usually made from fabrics which are non-conductive in nature.
- Type A FIBC bags can safely be used for the transportation of non-combustible materials.
- Under no circumstances should combustible gases or solvents be kept in close proximity to these bags.
- Never transport any sort of flammable products in Type A FIBC bags.
These FIBCs have a low breakdown voltage which does not generally exceed 6 kV. This is quite effective for the prevention of explosive dust-air mixtures from igniting. However, these bags cannot dissipate static electricity and hence cannot be termed as ‘antistatic’.
- Type B FIBC bags are perfect for the transportation of powders which are dry and flammable. They can be transported very safely.
- However, remember that no flammable gases or solvents should be kept in close proximity to the bag.
- Type B FIBCs do not have any interwoven materials with conductive properties.
This is also known as Conductive Jumbo FIBC is produced from fabric which is non-conductive in nature but has conductive threads which are interwoven. Type C FIBCs are safe to use in environments which have explosive gases or dust around them.
- Keep in mind that during the process of filling and emptying these bags, they must be kept electrically grounded.
- Flammable powder substances can be safely transported in these Type C FIBC bags.
- Also, these Type C FIBC bags can be used safely in the presence of gases or solvents which are flammable.