Benefits of Using Silo Bags for Grain Storage
For the storage of grains, the use of Silo bags are the best options. The silo bags are able to store the grains in the best possible way and at the same time, these bags make sure that the grains so stored is not damaged or wasted.
Idea About the Silo Bags
For the purpose of medium scale storage of grains, the silo bags also referred to as the grain bags are just ideally suited. These bags were originally developed for anaerobic storage of chopped forages which have been adapted for bulk storage of grain. The Silo bags actually consist of three layers of polyethylene which provides a total thickness of 250 microns. The outer layer is white as to necessarily reflect solar radiation. The inner layer on the other hand, is black so as to block sunlight. A typical Silo bag is about 60 meters long, 3 meters in diameter and has the ability to store as much as about 200 tonnes of maize wheat, and soybeans, though they can be smaller by simply using less of the bag. At the time when the bag is properly sealed When properly sealed, the silo bag is water proof and at the same time has a high degree of gas tightness to carbon dioxide and oxygen.
The ground on which a silo bag is to be placed should be necessarily level and should not accumulate standing water at the time of rains. In an addition to this, the ground also should be free from any kinds of sharp objects that can puncture the plastic such as sharp rocks, field stubble or several others. This is because of the fact that even very small holes will compromise the hermetic seal thereby allowing moisture, air as well as insects to enter the grain mass. Now, due to a high level of carbon dioxide and low level of oxygen, the insect as well as fungal activity is controlled in the Silo bags. Any kinds of leaks, holes with all exchange of air with outside which will ultimately confound the desired internal environment.
Benefits of Using Silo Bags
There are a number of benefits of using the silo bags which are as mentioned below.
- Capital investment is readily reduced as compared to the cost of building steel bins. Thus, the use of silo bags saves quite a lot of money.
- The use of silo bags is quite cost effective in nature since these bags can act as buffer storage which can otherwise cost some money depending upon the amount of grain stored.
- Silo bags necessarily helps in the simplification of the harvest logistics by offering very flexible storage even along the edge of the field particularly at the time when the logistics reaching to a permanent storage is a constraint.
- These bags provide easy means for on farm segregation of the commodities which in turn is quite helpful in offering a very suitable option for the preservation of identity of some of the speciality grains.
- The silo bags are also very helpful in the maintenance of the of the overall moisture content of the grains at the time of storage when an air tight or hermetic environment is maintained.
Thus, it can be very well understood as to how beneficial it is to use the silo bags for the storage of grains.
Rishi FIBC – The Best Silo Bags Manufacturer
At any point of time, you feel the need of the silo bags, no other option would be as good as Rishi FIBC. Being one of the premier manufacturers of silo bags, Rishi FIBC is certainly the first choice of the users. Rishi FIBC has a team of adequately trained and vastly experienced professionals who have the necessarily expertise as well as the skillset so as to manufacture the bags without any compromise in the quality. Rishi FIBC makes sure that all of the silo bags so manufactured is at par with the quality standards so that each of the users are hundred percent satisfied with the use of the silo bags from Rishi FIBC.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!