Benefits of Using Silo Bags for Grain Storage
For the storage of grains, the use of Silo bags is the best option. The silo bags can store the grains in the best possible way and at the same time, these bags make sure that the grains so stored are not damaged or wasted.
Idea About the Silo Bags
For medium-scale storage of grains, the silo bags also referred to as the grain bags are just ideally suited. These bags were originally developed for anaerobic storage of chopped forages which have been adapted for bulk storage of grain. The Silo bags consist of three layers of polyethylene which provides a total thickness of 250 microns. The outer layer is white to necessarily reflect solar radiation. The inner layer, on the other hand, is black to block sunlight. A typical Silo bag is about 60 meters long, 3 meters in diameter, and can store as much as about 200 tonnes of maize wheat, and soybeans, though they can be smaller by simply using less of the bag. At the time when the bag is properly sealed When properly sealed, the silo bag is waterproof and at the same time has a high degree of gas tightness to carbon dioxide and oxygen.
The ground on which a silo bag is to be placed should be necessarily level and should not accumulate standing water at the time of rain. In addition to this, the ground also should be free from any kinds of sharp objects that can puncture the plastic such as sharp rocks, field stubble, or several others. This is because even very small holes will compromise the hermetic seal thereby allowing moisture, air as well and insects to enter the grain mass. Now, due to a high level of carbon dioxide and low level of oxygen, the insect as well as fungal activity is controlled in the Silo bags. Any kind of leaks or holes with all exchange of air with the outside will ultimately confound the desired internal environment.
Benefits of Using Silo Bags
There are several benefits of using silo bags which are mentioned below.
- Capital investment is readily reduced as compared to the cost of building steel bins. Thus, the use of silo bags saves quite a lot of money.
- The use of silo bags is quite cost-effective since these bags can act as buffer storage which can otherwise cost some money depending upon the amount of grain stored.
- Silo bags necessarily helps in the simplification of the harvest logistics by offering very flexible storage even along the edge of the field, particularly at a time when the logistics reaching permanent storage is a constraint.
- These bags provide easy means for on-farm segregation of the commodities which in turn is quite helpful in offering a very suitable option for the preservation of the identity of some of the specialty grains.
- The silo bags are also very helpful in the maintenance of the overall moisture content of the grains at the time of storage when an air-tight or hermetic environment is maintained.
Thus, it can be very well understood as to how beneficial it is to use the silo bags for the storage of grains.
Rishi FIBC – The Best Silo Bags Manufacturer
At any point in time, if you feel the need for the silo bags, no other option would be as good as Rishi FIBC. Being one of the premier manufacturers of silo bags, Rishi FIBC is certainly the first choice of the users. Rishi FIBC has a team of adequately trained and vastly experienced professionals who have the necessary expertise as well as the skillset to manufacture the bags without any compromise in the quality. Rishi FIBC makes sure that all of the silo bags so manufactured are at par with the quality standards so that each of the users is hundred percent satisfied with the use of the silo bags from Rishi FIBC.