Transportation of flammable powder is one of the challenging operations in the logistic industry. One of the biggest reasons behind this being hazard that flammable powders carried when stored in a bag during the process of transportation. The hazard reflects challenges pertaining to build up of static electricity which builds up between the flammable powder and the bag that has been used to store the powder for the purpose of transportation. One of the biggest reason behind this is reactive nature of friction that flammable powders have, which ultimately can result in development of fire or explosion during the process of storage and transportation of flammable powders. It is because of this reason, it is extremely important to select a proper bag for the storage and transportation of flammable powders. One major solution to this challenge has been the introduction of Dissipative FIBC or Type D bags also known as Antistatic FIBC.
Let’s take a look at what Dissipative FIBC is and how it functions.
What is Dissipative FIBC or Type D Bags?
The Dissipative FIBC Bags or Type D FIBC bags are made of woven texture which empowers electrostatic charge to be scattered without being grounded. The texture of a Type D FIBC for the most part contains conductive strings or fibers which securely disseminate the charge through low energy releases. Some Type D bags have a low resistivity lining, which can decrease the danger of combustible releases. Type D bulk bags are alright for moving FLAMMABLE items. Even in presence of combustible materials or gases outside the bag.
Some Major Points to Note when using Type D bags or Dissipative FIBC Bags
The usages of dissipative FIBC or type D bags are majorly found in industries dealing in flammable products. It is because of this reason businesses must be aware about some major points when dealing with Type D bags or dissipative FIBC:
- Type D FIBCs are NOT REQUIRED TO BE GROUNDED during filling and release.
- Type D FIBCs should meet the necessities identifying with the breakdown voltage of the FIBC Type B (< 4 kV).
- Ungrounded channels, for example, metal drums or people nearby a Type D bags, can become charged. It should be guaranteed that all conductors are grounded within the sight of explosive atmosphere.
- Spark releases may happen from the outside of the FIBC Type D in the event that it is sullied by, or covered with, a conductive material (water, oil or grease, for instance). Safeguards should be taken to keep away from such pollution and to avoid conductive items, for example, devices or metal clasps being set on the FIBC.
- Type D bulk bags, are made with texture containing semi conductive yarns that securely scatter electricity produced via friction into the climate through protected, low-energy release.
This clearly highlights that Type D bags are ideal for transportation of flammable items even when combustible gases and or other solvent flammable in nature is around the bags. However particular care should be taken to ensure that the bags are not covered in conductive material like water, oil or grease during the process of transportation, since bag functions by dispersing of charge into the atmosphere, thus enabling resistance against static electricity.
So if you are into business dealing with flammable products, and are looking for an ideal solution, that would protect your business from all types of possible challenges and accidents, then please get in touch with us.
Why Choose Us?
Rishi FIBC Solutions Pvt Ltd is one of the leading Type D bags or Dissipative FIBC manufacturers with business across 42 different countries providing premium quality products to the users. Our Type D bags so manufactured meets all the necessary standards and quality parameters, thereby making sure that none of the users get even a single chance to complain. With our decades of experience and sheer level of expertise, Rishi FIBC makes sure to live up to the expectation of every user in the best possible manner. So what are you waiting for! Get in touch with us over our helpline number or our website to get proper guidance and fulfill your business inquiry related to Type D bags requirements.